Filed under: amsterdamize, news, special | Tags: amsterdamize, blog, internet, new, news, video
I’ve just about finished working on two new interweb homes for Amsterdamize:
The first will show a new design, but the same familiar content, text, photos and videos. I created the second (Amsterdamize : Bicycle TV) for your convenience, so you can browse through all of the videos in one place. Much better, I think.
Things left to do, which will probably take a few days:
- Automatically redirecting you and other visitors from the ‘old’ blog to the new one
- Transferring the rest of the extensive blogroll and other info
- Tweaking quite a few posts for optimal performance
Things for further consideration:
- If you’re subscribed through this feed, you don’t have to worry about changing it for the new blog, it’s still the same one
- You can now also opt to just subscribe exclusively to the videos through the Bicycle TV RSS feed, iTunes or Miro.
Let me know what you think of it all! I appreciate suggestions and ideas!
From Columbus Rides:
Blogging from Amsterdam
“I am in Amsterdam now. Lots of bicycles. Will post photos when I return. They have parking lots for bikes. No sports/fitness bikes like in the US. Only utility bikes. They don’t lock the bikes to racks. They just lock the rear wheel in hopes someone doesn’t pick it up and walk off.No helmets either.
The transit system is so sophisticated that there are street lights for the bikes. Cyclists pull up to the light like a car, but in their own lane. The light changes, the light actually has a picture of a bicycle in it.
The weirdest bicycle moment was when we were eating dinner last night. A one legged man doubled on the back of his friends bike. He came down the street and greeted his friend. Then he jumped on the back of the bike. His friend took off with him and his crutches in tow on the rear rack.
(PS. I added the picture)